Tuesday 29 May 2012

Yes, I know...

It has been ages but finally I seem to have scrounged some time and energy from somewhere to write a little something here...

Since my last missive, when it was parties galore, I have been busy working - I was surprised, too! I have been helping out at the primary school with some French for the year 4s, the Girl is in that year and so I am more than happy to try to give an extra boost before it's off to middle school. The Girl will be in the last intake to the middle schools in our area, quite sad really. It means she will now be one of the youngest in her school for the next three years...

The Knitting Club is going well, out of the eleven members about eight are now quite confident knitters and the others are catching up fast - don't tell anyone, but I'm really enjoying it. And I've got to get a piece of work finished for the Jubilee celebrations in our village - the Women's Institute is having a stall/display so I shall put something out for them. This could be the push I've been needing to finish the blanket that I'm crocheting - finally! The bunting that our WI made was spectacularly long, there is a huge amount of talent in that group, and some people try to keep it very well hidden...

My private students have now finished their work with me for their French GCSE - it's always fabulous to see how far people progress and how confident they become just when they need to. It's one of the things that I love about teaching, the little successes that make a student smile from within.

Since I took the leap of leaving my previous job at the beginning of the year I have done a great deal of soul-searching - writing these pages really helps me, too - and am starting to realise that the things that make me happy are not those that I would previously have considered. I have less money but more time, I travel less in the car but more in my soul, I have time to notice all of the little things rather than trying to race from one thing to the next without really enjoying anything.

I am happy.

Five smiles from my corner of the world:

  1. The bird box being used for the first time ever
  2. So much sunshine
  3. Silent moments
  4. Celebrating with friends
  5. Granny's bonnets in my garden
Cheery smiles, D x

2 comments:

  1. "I travel less in the car but more in my soul" - love that! :o)
    Big hugs to you Daisy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending you smiles from my corner of the world too :)
    We arrive in UK on Thursday, straight off to Somerset, then Daddy's 80th Birthday celebration!!! Rapid return home as austrian working student arrives directly. Surely its got to stop raining soon...but my garden is bright with huge blowsey red poppies, white Queen Annes Lace and blue lupins so very this year!
    Lots of love, Gill.

    ReplyDelete