Thursday 20 September 2012

Autumn days

Waking up on sunny mornings in September is one of my favourite things... As the low, bright sun flares through the trees and you can smell the crispness of the air, I feel truly awake. The clarity of the light is amazing and it is at moments like this that I really wish that I could draw or paint what it is that I am seeing! 

This is also one of my favourite times of year because it is a time of new beginnings. The Girl has gone up to her new school and seems to be enjoying it. She is making friends, learning new things and joining in with new activities. The Boy is much more settled this year - I do believe that he missed having his sister with him last year! He, too, is trying new things and seems to be growing up almost before my eyes. I noticed the other day that he has become a bit of a 'gangling youth' with limbs that seem to long for his body - looks like a growth spurt is about to hit... Ah well, back to the shops for more clothes it is!  My goodness, I cannot believe how quickly they grow, to me he is still a babe in arms...

Five autumnal smiles for you today:
  1. The colours of the leaves
  2. The nip in the air
  3. Cold tips of noses
  4. Kicking leaves as you walk through the woods
  5. A shaft of light through bare trees
Cheery smiles, D x

1 comment:

  1. Popped by to say hello...and see you are back to your cheery self. Glad to hear you all had a good summer and back to school.

    Desperately sorry about your friends son. Those two blond sisters in morocco...they were my niece and nephew's friends. So so sad.

    I have been out and about travelling and am home again now, gathering up the reins and laundry ;) Love to you all, Gill.

    ReplyDelete