Tuesday 4 September 2012

Last day of summer

Well, the six weeks of precious time with my family is coming to an end - and for once, I am very sad. The Boy and the Girl have become such wonderful people in this past year, I am bursting with pride whenever I think of the gorgeous beings that they are now.

The Girl is off to a new school tomorrow and is looking forward to it already. Her clothes are ready and she is planning to lay them out tonight so that she looks her absolute best in the morning. Her big brother is already at the school and I am not sure how he feels about it! He is certainly eager to see his friends again - we seem to have been away when they are home and vice versa. I have a feeling that mornings are about to become very interesting indeed - at least we have enough bathrooms to stop most of the arguments!

Being a supply teacher I am back to work too, at some time in the near future. One of the things I love about my job is the spontaneity of it - I never know what I am doing from one day to the next but that's fine by me.

His Lairdship has managed to spend more than two full weeks of the holidays with us and it has been a real joy. Our family feels complete when he is here, as is only right.

Five smiles for today:
  1. Back to school haircuts
  2. Early nights...
  3. ... and relaxing baths
  4. New exercise books - oh the smell...
  5. Sharp pencils and clean pencil cases
Technically this may be six but I just could not resist!

Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment