Monday 23 April 2012

And breathe...

Well, I did it. I went back into the classroom and I loved it. Mr Mentor controls the supply teaching at the school I went to in a dim and distant past. He knows what I'm good at and gave me classes in my own subjects - French and German - hurrah! And the students were fabulous, I'm not saying that they always will be but for the last week they were - I'll take that.

This Friday was 'The Big Sleepover'; the Girl and the Boy had a friend to stay for the night to avoid any of the issues that arise with just the one child having someone to play with. The Girls, as they shall be known, were very good and spent most of the evening tickling His Lairdship or tucked away in their bedroom dancing and goodness knows what else! The Boys were also very good and hid away from civilisation in the bedroom playing with lego and other things that ten year old boys do... So far so good. Supper was pizza and garlic bread, not home-made as I had a long day at work, which disappeared within minutes. More playing ensued, marvellous.

Then came Bedtime. The Girls are younger and were off to sleep before 9.30pm - excellent. The Boys... oh the Boys... Suffice to say that His Lairdship and I were tucked up in bed and sleeping before they settled down at, they think, about 1.30am. And then the Girls woke everyone up for breakfast at 8.00am.

How we were all so cheerful I have no idea - but it worked!

Five cheery smiles for you:

  1. It is sunny again
  2. My friend running in and finishing the London Marathon
  3. Sleepovers for the Clan
  4. Children being children
  5. Inferno pizza...
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment