Sunday 1 April 2012

Holidays - hurrah!

Good evening, things have been a bit rushed at Clan HQ for a while, please accept my most sincere apologies for not having written too much lately - I shall try to remedy that!

In all this glorious weather, the Girl has been poorly so I have been playing nursemaid to her. As this involves many cuddles and interesting films, it is not too much of a hardship. The fact that I may have contracted her bug is not quite so cheering, it seems that the holidays and lie-ins have arrived just in the nick of time...

Look what the Girl has made while she has been unwell; she is so clever.

His Lairdship has been using up some of his holiday allowance recently which is fantastic. It also means that the fence that I received for Mother's Day is now accompanied by some half-finished decking, too. At this rate I could have a garden for Easter! He is so clever - most of the materials are up-cycled and his ingenuity seems limitless... He's even stopped getting a slightly worried look when I suggest some very small modifications, the latest being a system for hanging pots and utensils next to where the barbecue will live...

On top of all this he also cooked the most delicious supper today of slow-roasted pork and lots of veggies. How fortunate am I?

Five smiles for today:
  1. Knitting in the garden
  2. Extra days with His Lairdship
  3. No school runs...
  4. Someone else cooking for the Clan
  5. Chatting over the fence
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment