Friday 13 April 2012

Nearly there...

It's Friday again and, like most people, I love Fridays! There are lots of reasons for this - His Lairdship comes home after a week at work, the children are more relaxed, plans are made... The best thing for me though, is that since I spent four years working an awful lot of weekends, I really appreciate the time with my gorgeous family and friends.

The weekends which I so often took for granted were the ones where we didn't do much. The ones where we just chilled, did a bit of this, a bit of that and generally enjoyed each other's company. It is only now that I am beginning to get an inkling of how precious this is, this time to be ourselves. This is when we learn to love each other even more, to appreciate all the different facets of our personalities, even the ones that we are not so proud of, and to unearth more of our talents. There is very little pretence in a young family, tired Boy and Girl are easily discerned, as is tired Lairdship. Tired Daisyship is, of course, very difficult to spot... But the joyful moments when we laugh together or just cuddle up together with a movie and popcorn are also there; I sometimes forget to look for those. As my report so often said, 'Must try harder'!

Un-busy weekends - very precious commodity when you think about it.

Five smiles for this weekend:

  1. It is the weekend
  2. Car boot sales
  3. Undiscovered talents
  4. Invitations
  5. Just be-ing
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment