Monday 16 January 2012

A bit of a late start...

This morning didn't start too well - the Girl came through at 8.05 saying, 'Mummy, why haven't you woken me up yet?' Cue mother leaping out of bed and racing through to the Boy's room 'You've missed your bus! Get up now!' Followed by stumbling downstairs to make two packed lunches and a vague sort of breakfast, 'yes, cheese straws are fine for breakfast :$' We made it, a four mile journey in the car to the Boy's school, tipping him out of the car and heading back full pelt to arrive looking serene in the playground in time for the Girl to go in!!! I blame the cats - they woke me at 2 am complaining that they hadn't been fed yet today - hmmm...

The hat is nearly finished now - four rounds of crochet to go before I get to wear it, it is looking very cute if I do say so myself! As the cheese straws were finished for breakfast, I managed to make a fresh batch which, for the first time ever, the children are eating without complaining AND saying that they are better than the shop-bought ones. Gosh, who'd have thought it!

My five smiles for today are:


  1. Another gorgeously sunny day in Suffolk
  2. Cheese straws that the children will eat
  3. Cuddles from my children
  4. A car that works when you really need it :D
  5. My marvellous husband who is always there when I need him xxx
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment