Tuesday 17 January 2012

Phew - what a day!

Well, what a day! Both the Boy and the Girl had friends to play after school today - two of whom stayed to share veggie toad-in-the-hole with us, it was meant to be veggie shepherd's pie but there was a slight mistake in the catering department... All this followed by an impromptu sleep-over, too! I shall enjoy meeting my pillow tonight.

I've finished three things today - the hat, as evidenced by the photo, making a huge batch of chocolate-vanilla cupcakes and remembering to put half in the freezer AND reading a wonderful book by Gil McNeil. It's called 'Needles and Pearls' and it was thoroughly heart-warming. I stayed up far too late reading it last night and then snuck in some extra reading time this morning. Loved it, loved it, loved it - I've got three more to look forward to now :)

Maybe I should add a new aim for the year to finish off all of my UFOs, that would certainly help to clear some of the stash that my husband comments on quite regularly.

Five cheering things for today:


  1. Impromptu cuppa this morning with a very dear friend
  2. Finishing the hat, does it show that I'm really quite chuffed about that
  3. Having a houseful of children and still finding a quiet place to sit
  4. Having children enjoy my food
  5. Being able to help out the marvellous Mrs M
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment