Thursday 19 January 2012

Excellent day - big smiles :D

What a marvellous day!

Five smile-inducing things today:

  1. Walking to school in the rain sharing an umbrella with the Girl
  2. Spending the day with the Marvellous Mrs M
  3. Laughing
  4. Seeing how well the Boy is growing up
  5. Cuddling the cats on the sofa
After an early night yesterday - one of the reasons I didn't post yesterday - I woke up feeling pretty blinkin' good! The Children were up and cheery and ready for school on time without any tribulations, it was raining so I got to use my favourite umbrella, I'll post a picture soon, and then had a lovely day out with the Marvellous Mrs M.


The sun was shining as we walked through town for a quick 'pop'. This is when we go out for the day and look at lovely things and have a good, old-fashioned catch-up with everything that is going on in our lives. Plans are made, goodies are bought and there is generally at least one coffee stop!

Today we went to our favourite wool shop - Wibbling Wools in Bury St Edmunds. We stroked lots of yarn and discussed the benefits of this and that helped by Theresa, the fastest knitter in the East. We were remarkably thrifty having both decided that we need to bust our stashes rather than buy more to create UFOs or sit looking beautiful... Mrs M has nearly finished the most beautiful crocheted afghan in glorious muted technicolour and needed some new wool to edge it. I needed a pattern to make the Boy a jumper, I already have the yarn... Then lunch at our favourite restaurant - The Lounge, followed by a swift pop through town, window shopping as we strolled.

This afternoon I had the chance to go to the Boy's Tudor open day at school. I was so proud of him, he had made a game of memory based on the Tudor VIPs. Poor lamb didn't have a chance to show me other people's work because he was too busy helping all those who came to see him! It does a mother's heart good to see one of her children so interested in what he was doing.

My amazingly talented friend Smokey has just taken up lino-printing and has sent me a beautiful print from her first tile - a shell in dark, bluey green on a white background. I shall post the photo of it when I have found the right frame for it!

Cheery smiles, D x

2 comments:

  1. The exhibition was great, didnt they do well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! What an amazing standard of work produced by all of them D x

      Delete