Wednesday 22 February 2012

And breathe...

I could get used to this not working malarkey! If only it were a viable option for us... Never mind, I am using this time to catch up on me and do little bits and pieces. For the first time in ages I don't have a schedule set in stone, I can come and go and potter. I bumped into my friend today as I wandered back from the Co-op - to have the time to stop and chat with her was a real joy :) Just five minutes in my day, but five minutes of loveliness and my day was all the richer for it.

I am baking more, cooking proper meals more - even tonight's pizza was home made! - and tomorrow is stew and dumplings, which used to be a real weekend treat, it's been fun to plan the menu for the week and be able to stick to it. This is unlikely to help my waistline but my mental plane is flourishing! The Girl has made cheese straws tonight, the Boy made Gingery Ginger Cake on Monday... And we're going to do more baking tomorrow ready for Friday when it is a significant day in our family life, we shall have candles on the cake!

Five smiles today:

  1. Bumping into my friend
  2. Making a quick pizza
  3. Laughing with my children
  4. Organising a trip to the cinema
  5. Relaxing
Cheery smiles, D x

2 comments:

  1. Hmmn...what stew recipe are you doing dear one?
    Here are my 5 smiles...
    The warm wind thawing ice
    A thrifted cashmere polo-necked jumper for Miss H
    Miss H and Master W playing together with a wooden marble run (build it yourself design)
    Master D out skiing all day with a friend
    Master W cooked dinner tonight and everyone had 2nds :)
    Love Gill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your smiles, G! How fabulous a day was that? And, more to the point, what did Master W cook for everyone?

    I adapted a Jamie Oliver recipe from his fab Ministry of Food, I cooked it in the pressure cooker in under 20 mins...

    Love, hugs and smiles, D x

    ReplyDelete