Monday 6 February 2012

A good day :)

Good evening, I hope that this finds you as well and rested as it does me...

I've had a lovely day today catching up with friends - both in person and on the phone - always such a good thing to do. My Gorgeous G rang today for a proper catch-up. Our children were at school, our husbands at work and a cup of tea to hand meant that we could witter on in our usual happy way without having to negotiate other people's whims! I should explain that this wonderful sister lives in Norway and we used to live within five minutes walk of each other; cups of tea post-working days were essential. We both miss that. Despite living far apart geographically speaking, we remain close and treasure any time that is spent together.

Another friend had time for a cup of tea this morning after dropping children at a snowy school, it is so good simply to take the time to catch up - and very important to the sanity of every Mum who knows the morning rush...

Today's cherishings:

  1. The telephone
  2. Cups of tea
  3. Home-made biscuits (I fear that they have disappeared again at the speed of light)
  4. Keeping the fire in all day
  5. Online shopping
I should explain that the fire is usually his Lairdship's area of expertise, for me to keep it in all day and not kill it completely is some kind of miracle for which I am very grateful!

Cheery smiles, D x

2 comments:

  1. To make you smile...its amazing how I can "synchronise the thingy" if I change the batteries in the remote control and then actually turn the streamer thing ON!!! Oh dear. Now I have music again :) Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my love... that is classic! love and laughter as ever xxx

      Delete