Friday 3 February 2012

Curtains...

Does anyone else have a thing about curtains and the way that they affect the light coming into the room? I'm prepared for it to be just me, one of my many foibles!

Allow me to explain... In our bedroom his Lairdship and I have vintage red curtains that used to hang in my childhood home. They are beautiful quality and have daisies all over them, this could be why I have always loved them. Anyway, yesterday when I walked into my room after breakfast, the sunshine was pouring through these curtains and the room was bathed in the most beautiful rose-pink light. It was a heart-warming moment at the beginning of the day. So that is why I love curtains and the play of light that they allow :)

And here are today's five icy-cold smiles:

  1. Mittens!
  2. Crocheting a purple hat for my friend
  3. Warm Christmas hats from my children
  4. Studio Ghibli films - Nausicaa of the valley of the winds was today's choice
  5. Catching up with old friends
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment