Friday 24 February 2012

Birthday smiles - hurrah!

I love birthdays! This is mainly because I have a wonderful family and friends with whom I share them. I am so blessed and spoilt on these days, it is unbelievable...

It started with my husband coming home early this week, just so we can be together when I wake up - his Lairdship goes to incredible lengths to make the whole family's time together very precious. This morning I was woken with a cup of tea and cuddles from the whole clan before the children had to go full speed ahead for a day at school. They brought me cards, both hand-made and carefully chosen, gifts again of both kinds. They had made me a whole set of little cards with loving thoughts on them, beautiful. There were book tokens, too - I am building a stash of them to put towards something very lovely!

The Marvellous Mrs and Mr M came round for a quick cuppa before the hurly burly of their days. And brought me a lovely gift - a stash of yarn, some daisy cupcake cases, some daisy ribbon and a mad tiger tape measure for my work bag! A quick tidy up before we were off to round three...

The Venerables had an electrical emergency so off we went post-haste, problem fixed, on to town - his Lairdship drove straight through town to one of my favourite pubs for lunch with the Venerables! I try not to think of myself as gullible but fear that I may well be so...

After picking up the Girl and friend from school it was back home for a party tea - chocolate cake decorated by the Girls, nibbles, cheese straws, gingery ginger cake, lemony bites and spicy snacks... Mrs and Miss M, Super Ms S and family and a jolly good time was had by all.

Five smiles today - oh, what to choose?

  1. Mornings with my family
  2. Opening birthday cards in bed
  3. New, delicious-smelling perfume
  4. Gorgeous kitchen equipment
  5. Friends and family to fill my home with smiles :D
Cheery smiles, D x

And in case you were wondering, yes, we did have lashings of pop for tea, too! xx

No comments:

Post a Comment