Wednesday 1 February 2012

Sunshine and ice

Despite the chilly temperature today, it was very beautiful out there. Ten minutes to scrape the ice from my windscreen and then a beautiful drive to work. A brilliant parking space at the workplace, too! I work on the first floor of the building and as I looked out on to one of the flat roofs I was sorely tempted to climb out for a quick slide. It was as slick as an ice-rink. Had it not been over 20 feet up I would have been out there like a flash!

So my five sunshiney smiles for today are:

  1. Sunshine - no matter that it is very frosty...
  2. My lovely friend who offered the Girl supper and a long play with one of her best friends
  3. My son inviting friends round out of the blue
  4. Seeing Orion - my favourite constellation
  5. Still having the urge to slide when I see a patch of ice
I now have a week off work, this is always a cause for celebration. Lots of mundane things to do but I hope to be able to fill in the gaps with some smiles!

Cheery grins, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment