Wednesday 15 February 2012

End of an era...

Today was my last day working at the hospital on the maternity ward - I felt quite down as I really loved the people there. I've had flowers and a card and lots of hugs and been treated to scones, too. Lots of people came round simply to say goodbye. I shall miss the madwives - they are some of the most dedicated and giving people I have ever had the privilege to meet.

And so on to pastures new... I have to hand in my paperwork tomorrow for going back on to the supply teaching register. I shall have a quick pop around the town, too!

It was the WI meeting tonight and we had fun playing with fans... It's always good to catch up with people and have so many shared laughs! And the tea and cake afterwards is pretty good, too!

My list of five:

  1. Hugs from colleagues, this is kind of bittersweet
  2. Finding my degree certificates!!!!!
  3. Wearing my own clothes to work instead of the dreaded uniform...
  4. Giving back the dreaded uniform!
  5. Meeting new neighbours
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment