Sunday 5 February 2012

Giggles and snowballs

Why is it that the silence of snow is so complete? Does it really muffle every little sound or is it just that we are more relaxed when we see this pure world around us?

The Children have been out to play today - as have his Lairdship and myself... Giggles and snowballs flying in equal measure between the family! The cats have had their first experience of snow - their verdict was 'definitely too cold!' I haven't seen them move so quickly for a long time... Elwood decided it was safest to view everything from the sanctuary of my shoulders, not the easiest way of moving around a snowy garden :)

His Lairdship is cooking a marvellous roast for lunch with all the trimmings - this is our almost every Sunday treat - and he does it so beautifully, I am very lucky.

Today's five smiles:

  1. The silence of the white stuff
  2. Jumping into a pristine patch of snow
  3. The scent of dinner gently wafting through the house
  4. Snowball fights
  5. Cuddling up with an afternoon film and the Children
There may be some more smiles later!

Cheery smiles, D x

2 comments:

  1. Hello my lovely friend :)

    So good to talk to you today. I promise to pop in and chat here often. Love Gill xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do miss you my sweetest xxx Always a pleasure to chat :)

      Delete