Wednesday 8 February 2012

Serendipity

'Happy accident', 'pleasant surprise

Don't you just love the word 'serendipity'? It is one of my favourites, although that is quite a long list if truth be told. To me, serendipity sounds as lovely as it is - I even looked it up in the dictionary to be certain that I wasn't completely wrong in my understanding...

I love happy accidents - when you stumble across exactly what you've been searching for in a charity shop for less than a pound/dollar/krone (!) or bump into a friend who is going for a coffee at the same time as you when you least expect them... These are the happy accidents that make life so much fun!

Today's five happy things:
  1. Cheese and celery loaf - yum!
  2. Friends feeling so much better
  3. Impromptu shows from the Girl and her friend
  4. A heartfelt apology
  5. New shoes :)
Cheery smiles, D x

1 comment:

  1. Hmmn- can't find much for under a krone, my dear! However I did find some serendipitous treasure recently :) A leather suitcase for 30kr, just right for storing all the Christmas fabric and sewing projects that are still hanging around; a handmade winerack just the right size to fit under the window in my pantry, now filled with bottles of cordials (oh, and a left-over-from-Christmas champagne(!!))and a set of 6 vintage souvenir of London shot glasses which were marked at 20kr each, but she said that she thought 1kr each would be fine. So it just goes to show, there are things out there for just 1kr!
    I love your happy things lists-they are so very you! Love Gill xxx

    ReplyDelete