Thursday 23 February 2012

Sunshine and warmth

These come in so many different guises. Today was very warm, up to 18 C here, and sunny all day long. Everyone smiles and is much more laid-back when the weather is like this... fabulous!

Of the other sort of warmth, the one from the heart, I spent the day with my Mum. The Venerable Mrs R and I went shopping - new shoes and pre-loved lambswool cardigan - in town. We had so much fun giggling at silly stuff together and chatting, we haven't had a chance to do that for ages. We managed to squeeze in a trip to our favourite café, too.

And then there was His Lairdship surprising me by coming home early this week - he can be awfully sneaky when he wants to!

My five smiles for today are:

  1. Sunny days
  2. His Lairdship creeping up on me in the playground...
  3. Spending time with my wonderful Mum
  4. Stew and dumplings
  5. The Girl planning my birthday tea for me and cooking up a storm
Cheery smiles, D x

No comments:

Post a Comment